MAVIS BUILD NOTES! Swipe for process pictures! 🖤🖤🖤
1. Made a simple black dress! I used a pattern for the top, but it was really easy (and could easily be patterned by making a duct tape pattern!) the skirt is just as simple to make, I split it into three panels and gathered them to fit the top!
2. I added white ruffles to the bottom of the dress and two layers to the top!
3. For the panels I drafted up a paper pattern until I was happy! I made multiples of the pattern to make sure they all fit. (There are seven panels total)
4. The big sash was kind of a challenge. But the ow is actually separate from the sash! I I then made a large bow (with no tails) the tails are a separate piece because I added two sets of wires to hold the sashes shape! I then put a smaller piece in the middle of the bow to attach the tails to the bow.
5. I made the small bow on the bodice using the same fabric as the sash. It’s just a simple anchor bow! (Very easy to make)
6. The collar is just two pieces of ruffle trim with a piece of black bias tape sewn down the middle! And I attached a button to open and close the collar.
7. The ears are just foam covered in fur and I have purse snaps on a headband under my wig that the attach to. 😂